At Ecolab, we partner to make the world cleaner, safer and healthier – helping customers succeed while protecting people and the resources vital to life. As a Fumigation Specialist, you’ll join the Specialty Pest Elimination team dedicated to providing high-quality fumigation services to major seaports and inland locations across Illinois.
What’s in it For You:
- Starting Day 1 access to our comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company paid pension, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave, select discounted childcare resources and more!
- Paid training program allowing you to learn from successful professionals
- Work collaboratively in a physically active environment with a team of fumigation experts
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a growing company that is passionate about protecting the resources vital to life
- Thrive in a company that values a culture of safety to include top-notch safety training and personal protection equipment
What Will You Do:
- Provide quality fumigation services including but not limited to, import and export commodities, shipping containers, vessels, and structures
- Transport fumigant to customer locations
- Use hand-held gas monitoring equipment to conduct readings
- Read, understand, and follow labels and MSDS forms for hazardous chemicals used during services provided
- Effectively communicate with customers as needed
- Inspect, maintain, and utilize Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) properly
- Follow proper safety?protocols?including?OSHA mandated?and customer-specified guidelines
- Maintain your CDL with hazmat endorsement, state fumigation license(s), and TWIC card
- Other duties as assigned by the District Manager, Field Operations Manager and/or Master Fumigator
- This is a field-based position and may require travel, including occasional overnights, to the following cities and surrounding areas:
- Joliet, Illinois
- 50% or more overnight travel for business may be required during the peak season
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Due to the nature and hours of work, must be 18 years of age or older?
- Position requires a current and valid driver’s license
- Position requires state fumigation certificate/license pursuant to country or state /local laws or the ability to obtain one
- Position requires a CDL with hazmat endorsement or the ability to obtain one
- Position requires a TWIC card or the ability to obtain one
- Position requires the ability to understand product labels, compute and mix accurate concentrations of chemicals, and follow all label requirements
- Must be able to work overnight shifts as required
- Willingness to be on-call during off-work hours and weekends as necessary
- Position requires the ability to communicate effectively in English, verbally, and in writing?
- Employer conducts a background check and drug screen on all candidates who receive a job offer
- Immigration sponsorship not available for this role
- Must be capable of wearing a respirator
- Position requires lifting/pushing/carrying up to 70 pounds chest high
- Position requires working in a variety of conditions which may include confined spaces, damp and/or dusty locations, freezing and/or hot conditions
- Essential duties of this position include lifting, kneeling, crouching, reaching, using hands and fingers, balancing, walking, standing, talking, and hearing.
- Drive a company vehicle as required to perform job duties (pre-employment and ongoing motor vehicle record checks will be performed to determine eligibility to drive a company vehicle)
- 1 year of Pest Elimination and Fumigation experience
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail?
- Ability to use all equipment involved in?fumigation?management services, including electronic devices for recording and reporting data
- Computer Skills: database software (including industry-specific software), company network-based and cloud-based applications, smartphones, Microsoft Office, and other electronic devices used to access information and enter data
About Pest Elimination:
Our Pest Elimination team proudly serves our communities and customers by safeguarding public health, food safety and property from the damaging effects of pests. Focused exclusively on commercial pest solutions, we deliver science-based expertise and cutting-edge innovation to solve the industry’s most complex pest challenges. By partnering with our customers in these markets, you can be part of a team that helps protect facilities, employees, and brands at a time when it’s more important than ever.
Ecolab strives to provide comprehensive and market-competitive benefits to meet the needs of our associates and their families. Click here to see our benefits.
If you are viewing this posting on a site other than our Ecolab Career website, view our benefits at jobs.ecolab.com/working-here.
Covid-19 Vaccine Notice
Due to local mandates and customer requirements, applicants for certain customer-facing positions must be fully vaccinated (which in some situations requires a booster if eligible), unless a religious or medical accommodation is requested by the applicant and approved by Ecolab.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Ecolab will provide reasonable accommodation (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with our application process upon request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require accommodation assistance in this application process, please call Ecolab Recruiting Support at (866) 841-6682 for assistance.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.